Closing date: January 28, 2019
Closing time: 9.00am
Salary: Point 33; £29,909 (rising to £30,507 in 1st April 2019)Apply here
Location: Office is located in Bristol (required to travel across Avon and Somerset)
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and highly motivated woman to join our organisation and take a lead role in providing specialist sexual violence support to Women, Men and children who live across Avon and Somerset.
SAFE Link provides an independent victim-focused service. The service is committed to the Victims Code of Practice. We offer emotional and practical support to victims of rape and sexual assault. Our ethos is to enable victims to cope and recover after their assault. We can support victims to report to the police if they wish. We work closely with the Bridge (SARC), CYPS, Police, CPS and both voluntary and statutory agencies.
The SAFE Link manager will be responsible for the day to day management and performance of the service including managing a staff team of 12.
The successful Candidate will:
- Be a strong, confident and enthusiastic leader with substantial management experience and a proven track record in leading and developing staff in a sexual violence or similar setting
- Have knowledge and understanding of the issues, barriers, impact and support needs of those who have experienced rape, sexual assault or childhood sexual abuse.
- Demonstrate the ability to delegate, motivate and direct individuals and teams across a dispersed area.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the impact of working with rape and sexual violence on individuals and teams and the need for support, supervision and reflective practice
- Be able to communicate successfully with a wide range of people, presenting with a high level of personal credibility.
- Have experience of and be committed to service user empowerment, involvement and consultation.
- Have experience of Performance management and reporting, using case management systems to support the work of your team and demonstrate service performance and value
- Have experience of multi-agency working, negotiating and establishing operational partnerships and protocols with organisations with differing priorities
- A current full driving licence and access to an appropriate vehicle is essential
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 5th February 2019
IF YOU WOULD LIKE AN APPLICATION PACK PLEASE VISIT WEBSITE OR CONTACT: