Freedom to be yourself – LGBTQ+ History Month 2020 event
We are pleased to announce that through their connection as Voice and Influence Partnership member organisations OTR and Centre for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People have been able to work together to make sure this important LGBTQ+ History Month event is BSL interpreted.
The Care Form is the lead partner for the Voice and Influence Partnership (VIP) which is made up of leading equalities organisations and community champions from across Bristol. We work together to make sure our diverse communities voices are heard and are part of local decision making.
Freedom to be yourself
Join VIP LGBTQ+ partner OTR for a day of discussions, performances, and talks about human rights, intersectionality and heritage for LGBTQ+ people of all ages.
Saturday 22nd Feb 2020, 12 midday till 4.30 pm at the M-Shed – free admission, no need to book.
- Meet the LGBTQ+ Voice and influence Panel who are working to make Bristol a city of pride.
- Freedom Youth is hosting a conversation and presenting Freedom’s 25th-anniversary film.
- Ice and Fire present ‘This is who I am’ – powerful monologues from LGBTQ+ people seeking asylum in the UK (14+).
- A discussion exploring LGBTQ+ rights and freedoms past, present and future led by local and international activists.
- Virtual Reality Ballroom experience documentary
- Chill out and craft area
See the full programme by following this link.
You can also find out more by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the event page on Facebook.