The Public Participation team in NHS England and NHS Improvement has been working with colleagues across the system to develop a public Engagement Practitioners Network which was launched in January 2020.
This interactive network is aimed at anyone in health and social care who is directly involved in undertaking public engagement work.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Offer peer to peer support
- Share knowledge, good practice, resources and approaches to engagement
- Provide professional development and learning opportunities
- Build a culture of engagement and a consistency of approach
- Build a wider community of practice to support those who are interested in this field of work