This event is aimed at parents and carers and people working with children and young people in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Improving access to treatment for eating disorders is a local and national priority; this conference aims to contribute to improving preventative measures, such as promoting positive body image, and early identification and intervention.
Speakers and workshops to include:
- Dr Pooky Knightsmith – researcher, writer and speaker on eating disorders, Vice Chair of the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition
- Dr Mark Pietroni – Director of Public Health for South Gloucestershire
- Eva Musby – parent, author and speaker on eating disorders
- NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- UWE Centre for Appearance Research
- Workshops for professionals on early intervention and support, school prevention, building our own resilience, and sessions for parents and carers
Event funded by NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group. Organised by South Gloucestershire Council on behalf of the CCG and Bristol City, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Councils.