Skip to Main Content

Do you care for, work with or know an older person from a non-UK EU country?

Due to Brexit, EU citizens must apply for the EU Settlement Scheme if they want to continue living in the UK after June 2021. Even if they have lived in the UK most of their lives. EU nationals who have lived continuously in the UK for five years or more should be entitled to settled status, meaning they are free to go on living in the UK indefinitely.

There have been almost 26,000 applications from Bristol to the scheme so far, but only 360 of these – just 1% have been from citizens aged 65 or over.

We’re concerned that this group are not aware of the scheme or do not know that they need to apply. We want and need to make sure their rights continue to be protected after Brexit.

Read more about the scheme and how to apply, including instructions in other languages, on our dedicated website:

Citizens can also get help and advice from:  Citizen Service Point, 100 Temple Street, BS1 6AE  St Pauls Advice Centre, 146 Grosvenor Road, BS2 8YA  North Bristol Advice Centre, 2 Gainsborough Square, BS7 9XA  South Bristol Advice Services, Withywood Centre, Queens Road, BS13 8QA