AVoice is an advocacy service for adult victims of crime and antisocial behaviour
The service is led by The Care Forum in partnership with SEAP (Support, Empower, Advocate, Promote) and SARI (Stand Against Racism and Inequality).
The Care Forum were commissioned in 2015 by the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Office to deliver this service.
AVoice provides free, independent and confidential advocacy to anyone over the age of 18 who lives in one of the following areas:
- Bath and North East Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- North Somerset
AVoice can work with people who have:
- learning disabilities
- issues with mental health
- physical disabilities
- Deaf BSL users
- additional needs due to age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our team of AVoice advocates can help individuals to:
- understand the criminal justice process and their rights
- access services to help them cope and recover from a crime
- explore options and support decision-making
- get practical help from other agencies by working with them
- make informed decisions by offering guidance and information
- ensure they get their voice heard.
AVoice will also advocate for victims of crime and antisocial behaviour who have not reported it to the police.
AVoice takes referrals from any organisation and any individual.
About 90% of our cases are referred to us by Lighthouse Integrated Victim and Witness Care based within the Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
They offer an enhanced service to vulnerable, intimidated or persistently targeted victims of crime and anti-social behaviour and victims of serious crime.
To find out more about Lighthouse:
“Advocacy, has been a great help to co-ordinate the facets of this issue, and having a positive slant, communicating with me what was going on, showing me there are options and choices rather than just a dark tunnel” AVoice service user
How to contact AVoice
Individuals, their family and friends and referring organisations can contact AVoice by telephone or e-mail.
Freephone number: 0800 254 0777
Telephone lines are open:
Monday to Thursday (9:00am – 5pm)
Friday (9:00am – 4:30pm)