Bristol Pride Community Fund has been created to provide opportunities and activities which enhance or improve the lives of LGBT+ people in Bristol and the surrounding areas.
They provide small grant funding to individuals, collectives, organisations or small charities to deliver projects that address issues that affect us all, help under-represented groups reach out and help LGBT+ community events that just need a little support.
How much do they offer?
They offer grant funds up to £500.In exceptional cases where a clear need has been identified, they will accept applications up to £1000.
What type of activities will they fund?
They fund projects that:
* Tackle LGBT+ discrimination and / or hate crime.
* Celebrate the lives, diversity and/or achievements of LGBT+ people and/or communities.
* Foster understanding and relationships between people from diverse backgrounds, including LGBT+ people.
How your project meets those targets is up to you – they are open to your ideas! Some examples, but not by any means limited to, are:
- An event, exhibition or fundraiser
- LGBT+ books for schools or activities for young people
- Community outreach projects
- Community workshops for underrepresented members of the LGBT+ community to create outfits, banners or choreography to enable them to join the Bristol Pride parade march.
How to apply:
If you have an idea, they would love to hear from you!
You can submit your application at any time in the year. The Community Fund panel meets in March and October to decide who to award grants to.
Deadlines for these panels are:
● 28th February for the March panel
● 30th September for the October panel
To apply for Bristol Pride Community Fund please read the Community Fund application guidance, complete the application form and equal opportunities form and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Community Fund application’.
You can find out more information about Bristol Pride here.