The Council is considering making potential changes to the charges paid by people newly accessing the care system, who fully fund their own social care in the district and would like the Council to arrange care for them. If approved, the new arrangements would come into effect on 1 June 2020. There are three changes proposed:
- New users of dementia, learning disability and specialist day care would be charged £96.30 per day.
- New purchasers of community-based services would be charged a £295 one-off arrangement fee and an annual charge of £75.
- Service users may also become eligible for a £295 fee if they decide to change providers (and ask the Council to arrange it) for a reason not related to their care needs.
More details can be found on our consultation webpage: https://consultations.southglos.gov.uk/consult.ti/Fees2020
This consultation will be open until 17th March 2020
How to find out more and have your say:
- Go to our consultation page to read the consultation document, which provides detail of the proposed change, the draft policy on Adult Social Care fees and charges, and the Initial Equalities Impact Assessment to see who would be most affected
- Complete our online questionnaire or download and print a copy of the questionnaire from our webpage to post to us at the below address
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01545868154
- Write to us: South Gloucestershire Council, Corporate Consultation Team, Council Offices, Badminton Road, Yate, BRISTOL, BS37 5AF