The North Somerset Local Plan will guide housing, jobs and business investment, transport, community facilities and supporting infrastructure in the area until 2038.
This first stage of Local Plan consultation focuses on the challenges the Council believes North Somerset faces and the issues the plan needs to address:
- the climate emergency and the need to work towards a low carbon future
- job creation and the allocation of space for business
- how to provide the right type and number of houses and create new communities
- creating high quality, sustainable places
- protecting important green and blue spaces as well as the character of existing villages and towns
- the future role of the Green Belt.
An online consultation will run for the six-week period Wednesday 22 July to Wednesday 2 September 2020 at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/newlocalplan