As we near the end of the year I wanted to let you know about a few inclusive sport and physical activity dates coming up in North Somerset.
All of the following will be covered in further detail, along with lots more news, in our next Sportarray newsletter out very soon. In the meantime please save the dates!
- Taster session: Wednesday 21 December – Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club: learning disability tennis taster session during the afternoon. For more details contact Josh Middleton, Head Tennis Coach, on 07901 595 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org January
- New multi-sports group: Starting Thursday 5 January – Portishead
- A new multi-sports club for people with learning disabilities (16+). A weekly session of fun-filled fitness and sports games, Thursdays, 11am – 12.30pm, at Parish Wharf Leisure Centre, Portishead. £5. To find out more or to book a place please call instructor Simon Flett on 07594 348 683 or email email@example.com
- New tennis activity: Starting Saturday 14 January – Clevedon
- A new, regular, group learning disability tennis sessions will take place on Saturdays, 1 – 2pm, at Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club, Princes Road, Clevedon, BS21 7SY. For more details contact Josh Middleton, Head Tennis Coach, on 07901 595 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training workshop: Wednesday 25 January – Weston-super-Mare
- Aimed at disability support workers, buddies, club volunteers, developing coaches. Specialist training designed to improve the skills and confidence of those who support disabled people to be more active – a creative and informal development opportunity. It is for those who support disabled people of all ages within the community, and can put the training into practice. The workshop is free and will take place at Weston College (Knightstone Campus) on Wednesday 25 January, 6 – 9pm. To find out more or to book a place please call us on 01275 882 734 or email email@example.com