National Energy Action has re-launched Smart Energy GB in Communities for 2017 and is currently offering free training sessions for organisations engaging or planning to engage with individuals who are over 65, without personal internet access across Britain.
At the end of the training delegates will:
- understand the role of Smart Energy GB and the campaign
- understand the smart meter rollout and feel confident to respond to householder queries and challenges and know where to source additional information
- be able to explain what a smart metering system does and how it works
- understand and be able to use the in-home display, and know how to explain its functions to other people
- know some of the barriers which may be faced by this year’s target group and how to overcome them
- understand the smart meter installation process
- understand the obligations and responsibilities held by the energy companies and their installers to protect householders throughout the smart meter rollout
For those who undertake training we are asking two things; to let us know the number of people they plan to reach (and what activities they propose to reach them), and to hand out consumer surveys. To capture the reach information we are asking partners who book onto the training to complete an activity plan which will be sent to you prior to attending the training.
If you would like to express an interest in free training please contact Lynsey Thompson email@example.com. There is a provisional date of 17th August for training in the South West although this may be revised if people aren’t able to attend on this date. For future updates on the programme sign up to our e-newsletter at www.nea.org.uk/smartenergygb/e-newsletter.