What you can do if you have concerns:
- speak up if you think someone is being harmed – prevent abuse from happening
- Find out the basics about supporting someone to make a decision
- Do you know how a controlling partner can affect people’s ability to make a decision?
- safeguarding is about looking out for people who cannot prevent abuse from happening to them
Your local authority has a Safeguarding Board – if you live in the Avon and Somerset region these are listed below, also some helpful information.
- Local Safeguarding Adults Boards
- Mental Capacity Act Information – Easy Read
- Mental Capacity Act Information – Film
- Mental Capacity Act Law and Policy – a website for professionals to aid reflective study