Are you living with Type 2 diabetes and want to help others? Become a peer mentor!
This as an exciting project that has been successfully supporting people living with type 2 diabetes since January 2019 to live the lives they want after diagnosis. Brigstowe are now expanding this service in Bristol to help and support more people newly diagnosed with the condition, help them come to terms with their diagnosis and improve both their health outcomes and their personal feelings about living with diabetes.
100% of mentees completing the programme in 2019 reported increases in their levels of confidence in, understanding of, and ability to manage their type 2 diabetes.
As a peer mentor you will:
- Receive full training and ongoing support
- Develop your knowledge of type 2 diabetes
- Meet other people living with type 2 diabetes
- Have all expenses relating to mentoring reimbursed
Closing Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020 – 5pm
To apply for this role you will need to be:
- Living with Type 2 diabetes
- Able to commit an hour a week to provide mentoring in Bristol and attend a monthly supervision session
- Available for training on 27th, 28th and 29th March 2020
Please click the link for the full Role Description
To apply for this role: please complete the Diabetes Peer Support Volunteer Application Form (Digital) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Diabetes Peer Support Service, Brigstowe, Easton Commmunity Centre, Kilburn Street, Bristol, BS5 6AW.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sean Hourigan on 01179555038, or email email@example.com