Autism Awareness week will take place from 26 March – 2 April. Milestones Trust has organised an event on 28 March to celebrate autism.
The event will start at 11:30am, with workshops beginning at 12:30pm. The event is free and no bookings are required. There will be workshops on the day and for these visitors will be able to sign up on the day rather than in advance.
From 2pm there will be key speakers and workshops which will include:
- Jackie (parent) – Busting the Autism Myths. An introduction to my son’s life experience over 28 years through the use of home movies.
- Loren Snow (independent consultant) – Navigating the Neurotypical World.
- Keith Stuart – author of A Boy Made of Blocks..
- Matt Trerise (Bristol Autism Spectrum Service) – Autism and Talent – work and education.
- Kate Eldon will be running a series of workshops about the support she receives and how her autism has helped her
There will also be ‘breakout’ rooms which will be more specific in their function – a film room showcasing autism-related short films and video clips and a sensory/quiet room that will allow visitors to take some time out if and when they need it.
For more details about Autism Awareness Week, see the information on the NAS website:
28 Mar, 2018 11:30 – 17:00
The Vassall Centre
For more information about the event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 970 9300