Healthier Together works with The Care Forum to get VCSE views on Community Mental Health Programme.
Healthier Together, who provide health and care support across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG), are working with The Care Forum to get the views of the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector on a new Community Mental Health Programme (CMHP) that will transform the way that mental health services work together to support people.
- To enable this the Dialogue team are facilitating an engagement event on Zoom from 1 to 2.30pm on Wednesday 6 January, including input from Victoria Bleazard, Head of Mental Health and Learning Difficulties at the CCG. You can book on this event here.
- There is also be an online survey accessible here.
Aims of the Community Mental Health Programme
- The aim of the CMHP is to transform community mental health services and build healthy communities that enable people to live happy, healthy, thriving lives. A key part of this is to bring together services as one team – across physical and mental health; community, social, primary and secondary care, and VCSE partners.
- This will be aligned with the Community Services Transformation Programme which began in 2019/20 and which aims to:
- coordinate care around people;
- meet physical, mental and social needs;
- make community-based care central;
- support people to take control of their own health and care; and
- enable professionals to work together across boundaries.
- The CMHP will focus on improving support for people with moderate to severe mental health illnesses, with focused work on:
- personality disorders
- eating disorders
- mental health rehabilitation
- transitioning – for example young people moving into adult mental health services or adults to older people’s services
For a fuller briefing please download the attached overview document here:
For more information on the event please contact email@example.com
For more information on the CMHP please contact Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org