Supported by Bristol City Council Equalities Team and Bristol Public Health
What are we doing?
- Collecting details of activities undertaken across Bristol’s places of worship in faith communities.
- The information will be put onto a Bristol-wide database for the public to see.
- To help to prevent and reduce social isolation across communities.
- To increase community awareness of faith groups and the events happening in places of worship.
- To promote the positive work of different faith groups across the city.
What do we want to know?
- Details of any groups or activities within your place of worship which are open to the wider community and help to prevent or reduce social isolation. Please do not include acts of worship or prayers.
- Any specific group requirements should be detailed e.g. specifically for men or women only, targeted at a specific faith group, open to everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A donation of £30 available to each place of worship which:
– provides activities which help to prevent or reduce social isolation, and
– completes a form with details of these activities and how to access them.
Please note: There is only one donation per place of worship/organisation not per activity/group. Donations will not be made to individuals delivering activities only places of worship.
- Promotion of your place of worship and activity to a wider community audience through the Wellaware database.
- Complete the attached form (in either Word or Excel), if you are able to do this for/with your place of worship.
- In order to receive the donation we must receive information by end of Thursday 18th March.
- Information will be added to the Wellaware database.
Information and the form to complete can also be posted out if necessary. Please reply to this email or send a message to Amy.Sohi@bristol.gov.uk if you would like to participate and do not have access to all the documents.