Green Infrastructure Strategy
South Gloucestershire Council are working with their partners, communities, and residents on a strategy for greener places in South Gloucestershire.
The aim of this new strategy is to strengthen the way we work together towards a shared vision for ‘greener places where people and nature thrive’.
About the strategy
The strategy explains why we need to improve the network of green spaces and water courses (green infrastructure) across our area, and the action they plan to take.
It shows how they will link their work to regional, national, and global commitments to protect the environment and how important that is.
They call this the ‘green thread’.
What it means
By putting this strategy into action, they aim to achieve:
- protected and restored nature
- greater resilience to the changing climate
- sustainable water management
- improved health and wellbeing for all
- sustainable places
- valued healthy landscapes
- sustainable and local food production
- a green and resilient economy
- stronger working together
This will help them to do what they promise in the:
- West of England Joint Green Infrastructure Strategy 2020 (JGIS)
- Climate Emergency Strategy
- Council Plan 2020 – 2024
How to have your say
They would like to know what you think and you can do this by:
- Completing the online survey by clicking on the following link: https://southglos.researchfeedback.net/GreenerPlacesStrategy
- Downloading a paper copy of the questionnaire which you can print and send back to them using the FREEPOST address. You can download a paper copy by clicking this link or requesting a copy by phone.
- Telephone: 01454 866 895
- Email: email@example.com
Freepost Plus RTXL-YHGY-GSYS
South Gloucestershire Council
Corporate Consultation Team
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE BY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2021.