News and Events
The Language of Health, Wednesday 10 October, 6.30-8pm – free event exploring how the science of medicine is communicated through the art of language.
The Care Forum would like to know what people think of the Voluntary Sector Service (VSS) in North Somerset. Their survey is open until 10 October.
The Healthwatch Bristol GP survey is now live and will be open for the next six months as the team speak to a broad range of patients from across the city.
Partners launch new initiative to reduce unnecessary hospital stays
An extra £4.3m is being invested in local community healthcare services to help people avoid unnecessary hospital stays and return home sooner following hospital admission. The work stems from the Healthier Together System Delivery and Oversight Group (SDOG) and is a part of a wider agenda bringing all system partners together to address urgent care demand. Read the full article.
Prevention Conference for the Voluntary and Community Sector, 24 October, Bristol
The Voluntary Sector Service (VSS), part of the Care Forum invites you to a conference that focuses on prevention and early intervention in health, wellbeing and social care. Find out more and register to attend.
Approved Clinicians extended roles – Building the workforce for the future, 13 November, Bristol
Explore how these extended roles can enhance career opportunities for individuals and influence the development of new models of care to meet the demand and complexity of working with people with mental health problems. Find out more and register to attend.
West of England: Healthcare Innovation Expo – making and maximising opportunities, 14 November, Bristol
The Innovation agenda is the current “hot topic” to enable and support transformation and change. How can we ensure new solutions really transform healthcare for the better? Find out more and register to attend.
Heads up for the coming week
· Workforce Planning Sub-Group, 8 October
· System Delivery Oversight Group Business Planning Workshop, 8 October
· Workforce Resourcing Sub-Group, 9 October
· System Health Intelligence Network Core Group (SHINCG), 9 October
· Education & Learning Transformation Group, 10 October
On the radar
· Senior Leadership OD Event, 15 October
· BNSSG Clinical Cabinet, 17 October
· Acute Care Collaboration Steering Group, 18 October
· Integrated Care Steering Group, 23 October
· Estates Workshop, 23 October
· Workforce Transformation Steering Group (LWAB), 24 October
· Digital Workshop Provider Mapping, 24 October
· Bristol Health and Wellbeing Board, 24 October
· Urgent Care Oversight Board, 25 October
Please email us if you’d like to include an update in the next edition of the Healthier Together Weekly Round-up. If for any reason you would like to stop receiving this update, just let us know and we will update your preferences.
Have a great week,
The Healthier Together Office